Thursday, November 8, 2007

Honored By Nomination

I was honored recently to have been recommended by the nominations committee of Columbus Real Estate Exchangors for election as president of this incredibly dynamic organization. I am not alone, however. The full slate of four nominated officers to direct the activities of CREE for the 2008 business year are: myself (president); Tony Yacoub, broker, Ohio Commercial Real Estate (vice president); Amber Balo, agent, Furman Tinon Real Estate (secretary); and Wendy Baldwin, broker, Baldwin Realty Group (treasurer). The slate of recommended officers for 2008 was presented to the 50 or so members who were present this morning for our weekly marketing session.

CREE is a member of the Ohio Commercial Realtor Exchange Association (OCREA) and meets weekly to discuss investment properties, problem solve on the brokerage of difficult to sell properties, and work together to assist our clients with their investment needs, particularly in the area of 1031 tax-deferred exchanges. Our client base, while Central Ohio focused, own investment real estate all over the U.S. I do not mean to sound boastful but CREE's membership, which numbers more than 100, has been described by some in our industry as "the most creative minds in real estate."

To my fellow Realtor members who comprise the CREE nominations and executive committees, I thank you for your confidence in me. I am proud to be a part of this incredible organization, and I look forward to the election at our December 6 holiday breakfast.

No comments: