Monday, July 9, 2007

Fridays Keep The Business Interesting

You never know what will happen when you're in the office on a Friday afternoon.

I recently completed a lease project with a major Atlanta exhibition company that was looking for retail space in Central Ohio. High profile exhibition that the entire community is talking about. I'm now looking for space for this same company in another Midwest market. I would not have had the opportunity had I not been in the office on a Friday afternoon. Ironically, they needed an architect. I called a few I knew and who were referred, and the gentlemen who did a fantastic job for this client answered his phone . . . when? . . . on a Friday afternoon.

Along the same lines, I've got a West Coast company coming into Central Ohio and we have found a couple possible spaces for them to lease. I'm also on a task force of Prudential CRES agents representing a California-based IT client that is developing the nation's most secure online data center -- inside a mountain in eastern Kentucky. We are the leasing agents for the Tier 4+ facility that will ultimately be 10 times the size of the NORAD complex in Colorado's Cheyenne Mountain.

Its why I love this business. I get to work with so many different people and companies. And once more I'm sitting here rambling while waiting for a case in the jury pool at Franklin County Municipal Court.

No comments: