Wednesday, August 17, 2011

The Real State Of Commercial Real Estate

I sat today for a video interview with Duke Long, owner/broker of the Duke Long Agency in Indianpolis. Utilizing Google Plus, we had a fantastic 15 minute conversation on CRE trends in Central Ohio, the Midwest and across the United States.

Google+ is an interesting new social media tool that a number of we more "techie" practioners are experimenting with to share best practices, CRE news and promote commercial/investment real estate opportunities.

One thing I can't figure out -- I'm still unable to see other parties on video when we set up a "hangout." Everyone else having no problem based on my limited follow on conversations. With the interview today, Duke could see me, but I couldn't see him. Same issue when I was on a group call a week ago with four other CRE peers from different parts of the U.S.

True, Google+ is still in beta, and I'm one of the early adopters of this still evolving tech. But with the video issue I'm thinking its operator error (yes, on my part). Like I said, I'm early in the experimentation period.

As for today's interview, I can't wait to see the finished product. Duke, thanks again for the invite!

1 comment:

Real Estate Florence AL said...

Housing has become much more affordable and interest rates are at an all time low. If lenders start making loans available based on common sense math and credit, we will be looking toward a long awaited stable market.